Monday, October 25, 2010

First Monday Post!



Ok so its Monday and as promised here is my weekly update post. The plan is to do this every Monday and throw in a bonus post every time I feel like it.

On to what I'm doing. The beginning of last week saw me trying to grind out wrathful pvp gear. I hate arenas (mostly cause I die too much) and I always found better use for my time than going to bg's. With 4.0 I found out that the highest tier of pvp arena gear is buy-able and usable without actually having arena points. I bought 2 pieces of wrathful and then went and spent some of my 7 thousand justice points on getting the rest of the entry badge pvp gear. Got a full set and gemmed and enchanted it. Final resilience rating: 820. I pulled up a blood pvp/random dungeon tank spec and went into some bg's to grind out some more gear.

I have to say bg's, at least, are fun now that I am hard to kill with about 30% pvp damage mitigation and my Shadowmourne that does tons of damage. I still refuse to arena.

I have a weekly, cross-guild Ulduar run where we kill Yogg with 0 keeper up to get the Mimiron's head mount. I still haven't won one but I am hopeful.

I was logging on every day to do the headless horseman daily, but I got the mount! Now I don't care about it so much because the only thing I am missing from that boss is the sword that throws out squashling guardians. It would be a cool sword to have but it would sit in the bank probably. Love the horse though.

I do log on to the AH every day and look for awesome deals. I buy razzashi raptors that are under 4k. I will hold on to these till cata where they wont drop ever again and sell them for 40k each or more. I expect to sell one about every 2 months but the markup is worth it. I also look for any mounts for sale and any recipes that I don't have for my engineering and blacksmithing.

I wanted to get my other gold making professions under control and to start on getting my bloodsail admiral and my insane titles. Those both got put on hold because of one thing.

I GOT IN THE BETA WOOT WOOT!
warning this section will probably contain cata spoilers.




I copied over a premade dk and my main. The first night I went on a guild run of one of the heroics, I forget which but it has dragons you fly and dragons you kill. This run was just me getting used to the play-style with our 81 talent outbreak. No impressions on the instance yet, but playing with outbreak makes it hard to switch to live and play without it.

The next night some of my guildies stopped playing League of Legends long enough to go do another 5 man. This time we did all of the new heroic Shadowfang Keep. It was a really good instance, although its tuned pretty hard. You have to CC a ton, not aoe ever, and make sure you are mitigating damage or self healing or the healer will be overwhelmed. All in all you have to be way more interactive and not just zerg the instance.

The rest of this week consisted of me checking out the leveling for 80 to 85. I have so far done Hyjal and Vashj'ir as much as possible. Each zone has a few key quests bugged which makes it impossible to move on. Cataclysm does this thing where quests don't show up unless you have done the previous ones. Its like the whole leveling experienced is a chain quest with lots of little extra off shoot quests. Its great until you get a bugged quest and have to go to another zone just to try to pick up the thread of the chain.

I am in all best in slot gear from ICC and only have 3 possible upgrades from the wrath expansion. I have not gotten one piece of loot from either of the starting zones that would replace any of my gear. Some of the pieces came close, so if you aren't in BIS gear then you will be getting upgrades in these zones.

I also believe the leveling is under-tuned. I can go in and chain kill mobs and not even worry about my health pool going down significantly let alone dying. I even was able to kill solo mobs with rez sickness. I can't believe they will let it stay this way although its nice to be able to run through the quests so I know what I'm doing when cata goes live.
End of cata spoiler stuff







Writing this post has given me some things I want to expand on, but I don't want to make this post super long. Expect a few bonus posts this week, I would like to write up my thoughts on leveling zones in cata and the Shadowfang Keep instance.

All in all its been a week of beta for me while I log on to try to snatch any super awesome deals on the AH (razzashi raptor anyone?) and farm for my zg mount.

No comments:

Post a Comment