Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cata goes LIVE!

It is 11 minutes to 12 (pacific time) and I have gotten and installed my collectors edition of Cataclysm!

I am now logged in at the flight trainer and the whole server is here. Here is a little tip if you are there and horde.

/tar maztha and bind a key to your "interact with target" button in key bindings. Use this to be able to buy your flight training when there are a million people standing on the npc.

Update: 12:11 and I'm still trying to log in. blarg.

Update: 12:12 just restarted the client and got in. OMW to hyjal.

Update: 12:18 Amazing cutscene from the flight to hyjal

Update: 12:50 and the lag in hyjal is incredible. also pvp but I'm getting stuff done. I hear vashj'ir is just as bad

Update: 2:42 did 2 runs of Black Rock Caverns. got a few boe and shards and got to lvl 81. back to hyjal to quest

Update: 5:10 Ding 82 in 2 hours 28 minutes. off to deepholm. There are 8 level 83s already on the horde side and about 100 82s

Update: 9:00 level 83 in 3 hours and 50 mins. Running through deepholme and the instance there, stonecore. All the gathering professions have had their server first and so has cooking, fishing, enchanting, and alchemy that I have seen. No server first 85s yet but people are very close. 84 1/2 ish for about 6 peopole. time to go to ulduam.

Update: 2:00 and I finally ding 84. It took 4 hours and 54 minutes with a lunch break in there somewhere for about half an hour. The xp needed from 83 to 84 is 5.2 million xp. the xp from 84 to 85 is 9.1 million. OMG at this rate I need to spend another 8 hours questing for that last level. Most of this last level was questing in uldum. Its a great zone very ancient egypt-y. I did one instance of the vortex pinacle to do the quests and get xp. Now I am off to Twilight highlands.

Update: 2:55 after hearthing to org, setting up my breadcrumb quests for twilight highlands, and training skills I decided to take a small break to recharge. Starting fresh at barely 84 an hour later I'm ready to go.

Also of note, Xzlrate our premier dps shaman just got server first shaman at just about 13 hours in. Grats to him :)

And while we are at it I want to shout out to all the hard core of our guild who are still up and running trying to level. Keep in mind that its now like 10 am their time (austrailia) and they started at 7 pm last night.
the hard core players are:
Verity
Flyingmoo
Mikasu (My fellow American)
Zarco
Brynflux
Kaoshin
Percadu
Freeforme
Hustar
Shadowaves
Krellhim
Bawarr
Drmorton, and
Runbeck

Update: 4:20 I have hit the wall. for the last hour and a bit I have been trying to focus and keep going, but my lack of sleep has gotten to me. I have now been up for 35 hours with only about 3 hours of nap in there somewhere.

I only made it 16% past 84, but I will be logging on when I get up and finishing off that last 84% of level 84.

I hope this expansion has started out as good for you as it has for me.

1 comment:

  1. 4 hours sleep and 11 hours at work has left me feeling very tired and behind the curve and stuck in a 30min queue.

    Did quite well to 81 running BRC but 82 was a slog in a wipey Vortex Pinnacle run and an overcrowded Hyjal. Really didn't get going good til after 1am and then I was pretty stuffed :P

    Will just muddle on as best I can.

    Grats to all the 85s :)

    ReplyDelete