Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Last prep before Cata.

4.0.3a is dropping this maintenance and with it comes the shattering. Zones change, new quests, Dala and Shatt will be ghost towns, new race/class combos, and more. The majority of what was promised in Cata is added except for some major items like new classes, new zones, and higher level professions.

One of the things I am saddest about is not getting my tiger mount from ZG. I have always loved the tiger mounts the best. I still have my blizzcon 08 bear that is my favorite land mount and I have my headless horseman's mount that I think looks the best under my DK.

As for looking forward, I think it would be a very smart idea to stockpile the high end herbs/ore/skins that professions use in the 425 to 450 range. Get them now while people are still in the areas farming and dump them a week into Cata when people aren't there. At about a week in most people who want to power through the leveling process will then look to powering up their professions. They will be able to jump through about 20 points from northrend items. I give it about 2 weeks of good sales before the prices drop then after about 2 months of everyone dumping their stock the scarcity will drive those prices up again.

If you don't want to stockpile, another good money maker in early Cata will be to have some type of gatherer. Ore/herbs/skins will be at a premium for the first few months until there are the majority of people at max level.

My personal plan is not to gather, but to purchase those mats at an inflated price so that I can make the best learned gear from my professions and sell them to the people, like myself who will be looking to push server firsts (or 5ths he he).

Since I had been moving I didn't get a chance to get to Org and set my hearth. Kinda sucks, but I got more important things going on at the moment.

Its been nice having a break these last couple of months and I will enjoy my next two weeks away from the game. With this I will be ready to go on the 7th when I get my collectors edition of the game at midnight. Luckily for me my time zone is one hour ahead of California so I have time to stand in line, get my game, and get home to change over to the official release by 1 am when it goes live for me.

2 comments:

  1. Got up at 4:30am to roll my Female Tauren Pally. Was all pumped with the new cinematic and logon and bah! extended maintenance!

    Stocked up on inks to pump out glyphs for all the rerolls and stockpiles ores to level JC.

    My main has mining/enchanting so I plan on feeding the ores/bars to my blacksmith to make me stuff to level with and that I can disenchant. Cloth will be going to my tailor to create disenchantables and level that profession. Doesn't look like there is anything lame like "Northern Scavenging" to choke off cloth drops for tailors only.

    Look out for Potions of Treasure Finding on the AH. I don't expect to see them for a couple of days but they give the chance for mobs to drop extra gold, cloth and volatiles. Last thru death. I'll make sure alts especially are never without them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blacksmithing is INCREDIBLY hard to get max level on. I couldn't get there in beta because of the need for orbs and truegold which is a transmute from alchemists. think arcanite. What I am doing though is I have enough primordial saronite, titansteel, and titanium to get about 20 points right off the bat without the need for obsidium.

    Enchanting will be easy enough to level from the actual questing process. you get TONS of greens from quests. I would sell the items you make from leveling bs and tailoring.

    Those potions of treasure finding will be a godsend too. Most volatiles have the normal drop rate from farming, except for volatile air. you can only get that from being an engineer/miner OR there are 3 mobs that drop it. Out of those 3 only one mob is actually efficient to farm so it will be camped. Expect volatile air to be the most expensive by a mile.

    ReplyDelete